Monday, September 18, 2006

scroll to the next post before looking at this.


Nags Head pier, N.C Sunday morning T.S Florence pushes it's first bits of swell in.
We spent our last night in Nags head at the pier hotel, just because it was convenient, after we settled in we walked up to Tortuga's for dinner. I always want to go here, the food is good their is a bit of a beer selection and its a good vibe.
I woke up at sixthirty and checked the waves, also took some pics ,they don't really do it justice.
It was the biggest day I've had in a long while and since we had a lot of driving to do I needed to hit it early, it worked out better than expected, Amelia wanted to go for a run, that bought me a little more time to surf.


My work week shaped up nicely, I was able to go to O.C M.D early Wednesday morn for some more T.S Florence, the forecast was showing wed and thues would bring the more favorable winds and size, then the winds were to switch to the north for the next bunch of days and that'll mess it up, so this was my window.

It wasn't quite as big as N.H.P, but it was back to the sand bars, and in town it was out of control. So I went to Indian River inlet where it was breaking more reliable but closing out pretty good. It gets so crowded there its silly. I walked north a little bit where there were a few less people and it was a bit bigger, I'd say over a foot at times but the inside was really working the sand bar hard, I didn't want to get caught in there, but it wasn't as crowded so I went out there. I got a few rides took some beatings and the tide filled in to much or something happened with it cause it started closing out real bad and slacked off in sets. The rides I got Sunday in N.C were much longer and the water warmer and not this crowded at all. Some trips are hard to come home from.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim Wise said...

There ya go buddy. That is what i expect to see from bikedog. Thanks for the good posts. Did ya hit Piezanos or Orange Blossems?

9:19 AM

 
Blogger Tubeular Visions said...

Hells Yeah

9:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home