Monday, April 03, 2006

April Full day

The only real April fool's joke played on me was by mother nature,the Punk Bike Enduro,was set to go off at 9:30 am, I checked the weather out at the Frederick watershed around six am and the only visible rain cloud was sittin on top of the shed.
It hasn't rained here all month ,the driest ever on record! So the trails have been smokin fast.The Fredneck watershed is some of rockiest toughest riding available to me within the hour and a half drive it takes to get their, and when the trails are wet they will beat you down fast.
We arrived at a little after nine to sweet dryness,it looked very threatening through out the day but never rained.
I had fun, I made some sections that I hadn't made before and didn't make some that I didn't try before, theirs always next time.
We rode down the Death March, a mile and a quarter of looseness and water bars on the turns, so fast! It was easy to sail off the top of those foot high speed bumps.
Through out the ride we beat a keg of "Tuppers Hop Pocket" into submission. It was a good day for all, and quite a lot of effort by a handful of people who sacrificed their time for ours, thanks to the Single Speed Outlaw and posse.
I didn't take any pics, there were plenty of shutters going off with out mine. Al Santos took a bunch.
That evening I met up with a different crew of long time friends at the Recher to see Burning Spear, it was an awesome show that helped usher in spring and day light savings time.

-One Love-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home