Saturday, September 16, 2006


A Fish and I were on the Outer Banks of N.C the last two weeks.
We went as far south as Kure beach, and arrived four hours or so before T.S Ernesto. It rained and blew hard that night. We woke up to over cast sky's and waist high surf, I really expected it to be bigger, I am not complaining it was fun and I was in the water from eight am. To almost noon, the sun was out by the end of the day.
We get a house every year with a big group of Amelia's college friends,it was in Wrightsville beach every year but with so many having kids it wasn't as accommodating so the last two years we got a house in Kure, more laid back and less people, I love that whole area though. We have the house until Labor day, always a lot of fun!
I didn't get any pics from that part of the trip this time, kinda sucks, I guess I was preoccupied, it goes so fast. The pic top left is from the second part, Salvo, on Hatteras Island, of a thunder head moving north east, If you like watching the weather happen this is a good place,the sky is so close and seemingly always active in O.B.X
Labor day is a travel day, we take the ferry's , it's scenic and usually a bottle of wine works it's way out of the cooler at some point, drive across Ocracoke with usually a quick stop at Howards pub, they have a HUGE beer list, then the next ferry to Hatteras Village and if time allows we drive out on the beach there and check things out, this year we kept heading north. We were staying in Salvo with a group of people, some we knew and some we didn't. I had to drive out to the point on cape hatteras. It's another world out there, so much life and activity, it's the farthest east you can drive in the mid Atlantic, and you feel like your out there. So over the next few days we caught some fish caught some waves, Tuesday surfing at the light house was really memorable. We caught some sun and some rain too.

This is my favorite trip of the year and A-Fish and I connect on a different level. Your surroundings have an impact on mood and attitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home