Saturday, April 22, 2006

French Creek



So I rode trail today ,how about you?
First rain we have had this spring, real East side rain anyway, I did a M.T.B race.
Two laps ten mile's each, and they were able to secure some never ridden hiking trails within the bike trail circuit. I planned to do this a while back and the weather unleashed a slurry fury,
I was syked the whole way there, a place I'd never ridden in conditions I hadn't ridden in since...... Well a while. I'm not racer guy but laying in my bed last winter(2004) recovering from A.C.L reconstruction I came to some serious realizations that my time here and what I am capable of are things that get more limited every few years, sometimes within months you loose ground, so laying there I decided one thing I wanted to do was enter a race or two. It was just what I wanted an adventure of sorts.
Muuudyy man, the trail was faster if you stayed in the super slop than if you tried to avoid it, It was cool, but so much for disc brakes,never heard a bad thing about em until today, I guess it was asking to much from them. Many times I went off trail dogging trees and dragging a foot to slow down, I had nothing when I needed it most, I stopped at the tops of the down hills to tighten the pads with the red knob on those Avid Mechanicals,by the end their was no adjustment left, I'd crank em down and I knew I was dragging the pads but it was the only way,and you were always dragging somewhere,with a slurry like that, then for the climb my brakes were rubbing making for more bitch work but that would wear away pretty quick and I'd be brakeless again ,everyone was having issues, a guy with hydraulics said he had nothing too, I really would have rather had my X.T.R V's.

So it was fun, I'm glad I went.
I did learn something about hygiene though, this fellow rode up to me and asked who they just announced to the starting line, and I said the men's senior class,he asked if that was us, I said its not me(I am in the single speed open class) but I some times feel like I should be in the Sr. Class, he fired back with "then maybe you should have shaved this morning" I told him I had!
Yea...... I lied, I think the last time was ......Man I don't know, what the hell?



So when I returned to camp poured a draft in the glass I bought at the brewery yesterday, I was told it holds sixteen ounces, I really like the golf ball dimples encompassing it.The glass feels heavy but the dimples dramatically cut wind resistance and the handle is very user friendly, you can get this little puppy up and down with minimal efort!

3 Comments:

Blogger Blue-eyed Devil said...

Hey man, nice write up. What race was it?

That a Loose Cannon in the new mug? Sweet shot.

12:29 PM

 
Blogger riderx said...

Way to stick it out in those conditions. Don't think your XTRs and rubber pads would have lasted any longer.

It's always good to hear about the latest in beer mug technology, anything to go drink faster, eh?

9:38 PM

 
Blogger Tubeular Visions said...

Na....Clipper Gold,I'm Loose Canon'd out for now.
It was the first of the mid- atlantic super series at French Creek state park just sw of Reading PA.

Yea RX it was nuts I lost miles off those pads just lightly braking, it was an adventure!

8:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home