Friday, January 26, 2007

Winter






Winter has arrived with all it's achy joints, it takes me a little longer to loosen up when its cold out. We have had flurries everyday this week it amounted to barely a dusting, I so enjoy watching it come down.I even acquired a new set of bindings for the board, unexpectedly, so I'm syked to go some where cool but funds are tight.


Last Saturday I rode the lower Brrrrrr, cold but the trails were super fast dry frozen! I was climbing, standing up and there was a spot the sun had warmed up enough to make it slippery , my rear wheel unexpectedly broke loose and I drove my knee into the fork. I walked it off and pedaled up the rest of the climb. By the time I got home my knee was the size of a cantaloupe, so I elevated it and put the ice-man on it.That was the routine for the next four nights it feels better today most of the fluid is gone and it feels more stable, its the knee I just had surgery on,I haven't had it blow up and feel that way since I recked it, scary.



This week I worked on an idea I've had for a side chair, I made the arm chair above over the summer and I want a side chair to go along with it. I might tweak some things but over all happy, it's comfy.


I have been checking this guy's blog out lately, he's a woodworker, I like the way he writes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Blue-eyed Devil said...

Mike, that chair is a work of art. You've got some serious talent, my friend!

Hope all is well with you and the missus...we need to get together an epic. You in for the annual ride-whose-name-shall-not-be-spoken coming up next month?

2:11 PM

 
Blogger Tubeular Visions said...

Thanks!
I've got plans that weekend but nothings set in stone I really want to spin the 29" wheels out there and party witch cha all

6:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home