Monday, January 01, 2007

Skate'n Again

Wow this is the warmest winter in a long time.
I'm not much of a cold weather person so I shouldn't complain but it means its wet all the time, I'd like a good freeze to get the trails right again.Yeah

This is road riding season around here anyway, so I have been riding the Quickbeam fixed around Prettyboy reservoir and my dirt rd. loop and junk.

And my neighbor T.G moved his 1/4 pipes into this old barracks that the previous owners of the

property had bought from the army over at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, in the seventies I think.





It's a long concrete slab that's pretty smooth, he painted the floor with tennis court paint left over from a job, its a nice surface, not real slippery or too grippe.


It's been growing pretty fast really, I mean the set up of ramps.

It's basically ramps with a speed hump in the middle. It's not without effort,


you can create some fun speed and a good workout.










It has three ramps with concrete pool coping,


two of them are narrow chalky slabs and the slant wall, is the same stuff Brad had on his ramp at the ranch back in the day, un skated though. I think he got the left overs from Bruce's ramps. I love laying into it!

Grinding pool coping is nothing short of erotic and unforgiving at the same time.

And the small 1/4 pipe and snow plow hip have metal pipe coping that grinds well.

pics are from Saturday night's holidays jam.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim Wise said...

SWEET! I can't wait to come skate that barn. Looks fun. Maybe with a couple Rogue chocolate stouts. Happy New Year to you all up in Hereford. I miss our rides.

9:08 PM

 
Blogger Tubeular Visions said...

Come on! everybody asks about you.
You gotta come back to easy flowing ss trails espcially after those long climbs you got out there,and some Clipper City beers,they have some really good offerings.

7:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home