Monday, January 30, 2006

Friday




Friday I rode down town to meet Mrs. Fisher when she got off work at 7:30 pm, have a beer and get a ride back.
It's warmed up pretty nice for this time of year, that's good and bad, the sun feels good and motivates you, but you cant do the things you really want the way your use to.
So I headed out from home to the city.
I take White Hall rd. To the N.C.R trail to Hunt Valley then flat roads to Timmonium rd, that's my first climb,then and there I new I was gonna bonk.
The trail was a little wet not really slow but I was working, the following day it warmed up even more and was ridiculously wet, I was trying to conserve energy but I am out of shape.
First destination was Brewers Art for resurrection's and food, but the closer I got to Balt. The more I felt I should move destination closer.

Fraziers on the avenue in Hampden was a good alternative, once I got off Falls rd and the crappy rush hour traffic , I felt better ,I took some jib roads, passed up some photo ops due to time and energy,went in had three resurrection's for the price of four twenty each and ate a killer burger! Watched the strong man comp on the tube, listened to the Doors and enjoyed the empty bar.
I was full and rejuvenate,had a half hour to get to Shock Trauma, and syked to get back on the cross check. I had to squeeze past two big fences on Falls rd, in Clipper Mill due to rd. Work,big orange signs saying" Do Not Enter violators Prosecuted",nomally this wouldn't bother me but it was creepy, that with the ankle deep stink mud it was like a scene in a movie.

Any way I arrived early ,met the girl threw the bike in her car and went to the Camden Pub because its there, again it was kinda empty and that's great cause I was in the mood for a chill scene. A couple sierras and home for some stone crab claws and a dungenus crab I got at Gibby's earlier and some drafts from the keg o rator.
Its like thirty two miles to Baltimore on this rout and not much climbing, a great way to end the week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim Wise said...

Nice post! I wish i could of joined ya. Keep em coming. Hope all is well in Whitehall. Hey to TG.

11:13 PM

 
Blogger riderx said...

Nice.

That section on Falls definitely has some funk mud.

6:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home