Thursday, January 26, 2006

Wednesday night ride

After two weeks of either mechanicals or bad weather I made the "Patapsco boy's" Wednesday night ride, something I fight heavy traffic and shitty conditions to do, this time of year for me it's out of desperation to find anything to do,ride my bike at night on unfamiliar city streets with a group of people who know them is always alluring, but this time of year it goes from sitting on the couch to sitting on the saddle going thirty plus.
There are outlets this time of year; indoor skate parks(old school night), local ski hills,...... Squash?
But I like the bike,
more than that,
I like riding with passionate bikers, it makes it worth while in any weather.
It might be the last wed night ride, that I get to do with the guy to my knowledge originated the Wednesday night ride from exit 47 off 95,
Maryland m.t.b Eden and general great beer drinking, bike mixing ,heavy spinning rides, Joe .
Man it was nice to breath frozen air, we rode busy streets, back roads following a river, saw a car that had rolled getting winched to a flat bed, forded a stream due to a bridge repair, ended up in old town Ellicott City and drank a bunch of Anchor Steams, ate good food and road paved\gravel paths and mellow nieberhood roads back to the park & ride,where by then I was sober enough to drive the distance home.
This should not be an unusual night for anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home