Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Weekend in may

Saturday I had stuff to do with my dad in the morning but met up with Tim for a ride at the lower Loch Raven in the afternoon. We blew it out ,the trails are real fast. I am definitely not where I want to be strength wise, but I am building it back up, it just takes a while.
Sunday was cool, I took the d. o. g. to the river. We like to go to Big Falls road at the Blue Mount Quarry its the Gun Powder river and wilderness area,just beautiful there, an awesome nugget to have close by.It was nice to wade around and fish while the wild man tore it up.Water is cold but I managed it for an hour or so.Then to moms for moms day and mas beer, laid in the grass in the sun with my niece and nephew.
That trail head is four miles from home,I used to ride there all the time ,since the early nineties, but they say your not supposed to, you know ,big bro, uncle sam.There aren't any signs prohibiting bikes but I have had run ins with the man in the past, he has never been able to tell me why, thanks to Dirt Rag #112 I know more than he, and I am sorry I missed the summit in D.C a couple weeks ago. The whole thing really burns me up these trails are awesome, they will always have a special place with me,and their dry too. Monday I couldn't hold back any longer and rode about five miles of it,super fun, it had been a long time.I rode trail up toMasemore road, saw people taking kyaking lessons,the river is up pretty good,then took the road up to Pretty Boy swung it around and down past Gennise valley, across Middletown rd. to Rayville and down a long, excellent down hill all the way to Parkton,n.c.r. trail to White Hall and home.
the good life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home