Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A Good Read

I saw this on the Fuel Channel just after my surgery and immediately went online for the purchase. It was one of the things that got me through. If you grew up in the eighties a middle aged teen and rode a skate ,this promises to be a real step back to those days. My first board came with Sure Grip trucks, they sucked, I liked the way Gull Wings turned but had plastic base plates, and I think were pricey,so I never owned a pair, I didn't like Trackers at all,then my first board of quality came along, a Powell riper, had a skeleton ripping it's way out of some colored graphics, it was a cool graphic to a fifteen year old, and it came with Indies,I never looked back ,grinded more than a few sets down to the axle and beyond .This book tells it like it was loaded with big glossies and round ups of the adds they came out with,brings back memories of flippen through Thrasher Mag. It has write ups of the skaters that rode for them,how they acquired team members,and even words by local Derek Krasauskas on Bucky Lasek, pretty cool. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home