Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I rode with the Outlaw crew Sunday, a ride dubbed the 1903 adventure ride. Thirteen of us headed out to ride paved and dirt roads around Frederick Maryland, my longest fixed gear ride, sixty six miles, on my bike computer.It was painful bliss nearing the end. I couldn't wait to see the parking lot where we started, then as I rolled in I felt a horrible thing, I was afraid to get off my bike, I envisioned rolling around on the smooth asphalt with leg cramps.
I was good though didn't even seize up that night. I basically drank ate and peed the whole ride through.Fun ride,good people nice views, long climbs and even longer descents the last one being gravel road loose and very fast,through the Catoctin Mountains.It seemed to go on forever.
Then this evening Sieverts took me on the 2007 Baltimore city adventure ride, we left from his house on the geared CrossxChecks spinning big meat and riding a lot of wooded single track trails around the colleges north of the city,a ton of fun, it was super fast paced with lots of obstacle's and surprises, Robert E Lee park was really fast and mixed in some lower loch raven too. I really like going from paved rd to single track, back and forth, it keeps you on your toes.
Sorry no pics, I would like to post a pick of the Quick Beam, I really enjoyed riding that Sunday.

But I saw this it's a great answer to mounting a rack. I have used the thin metal clamps that have a little bit of protective rubber, it still eats the surface of your frame up and the metal clamp fatigues and breaks, also a pain in the ass to get that tiny nut threaded on to the tiny bolt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home