Saturday, May 28, 2005

Memorial Day

I was and am so jazzed about this weekend, theirs nothing unusual going on, but maybe that's why.I can do what I want when I want this time .It seems like people travel so the roads and stores are less crowded and people are less stressed.I prefer staying local on holiday weekends.
All I want to do is ride my bike for hours on end and drink cold cold beer. Not to sound like I don't respect this holiday,I cant say enough about the people who have sacrificed All! Very unselfish. It conjure's up a whole stinking vat of emotions about war and now is not the time to go there,I am going to be my selfish self and write about me,and how stoked I am to just be.

Friday 4:30 upper loch raven,three single speeds riding the loop backwards,sooo much fun,great way to end the week, not as much climbing,and so much fun riding the rhythm sections backwards . It's a different trail.I used to ride it that way,that was the standard,you know back in the early mid nineties.It brought back a lot of memories, riding with B-rad and crew of miss- fits that would congregate on those days of youth,not knowing why but being smart enough to not think about it,just do it.

So that was fun. Capped of with the first of many well earned beers this weekend will deliver.

Today, Saturday A-Fish and I headed out on a forty mile Pretty Boy reservoir loop. I give the weather conditions for the ride an eleven. It's the biggest ride Miss Fisher has done and well done it was!
Big grins were worn the whole time.The Quikbeam is a fast roller,today felt good I'm still getting used to it as to be expected,But I can tell I am gonna have more fun on this bike than I realized.
On the last seven miles I noticed some evil clouds to the north west ,sure enough we got home grabbed the clothes off the line and the fury of the isolated T-storm unleashed,beer and a couch proceeded.

Frisbee golf at the location of the pond jump parties and the Sowebo festival tomorrow,and of course more bike.
Things are shaping up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home