Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The end of an era.


The KHS ridged hard tail that I bought new with my own money in 1995 past away saterday.This , on the eve of an epic trip to State College PA to watch friends race the single speed world championship.
The thinest part broke,I was giving it the once over before aia left and discoverd a hair line crack behind the replacable drop out, I pushed on it to see how bad it really was and it came wright off, along with my spirit,so many reasons for not making this trip,its crazy when I think about it.
Good damn thing I saw it when I did because the trails in state college uleashed a beating that wont be soon forgotten.
I threw together my parts on an old Diamond Back frame that I never rode before, and missed my ride to PA in the prosess. I Considerd bailing many times.Put it together packed my stuff and bolted solo.
I had a killer night meeting peaple and camping on a ridge with radio towers , I guess thats what they were,woke up and went to the race parking lot ,watched the start and headed out with a group of peaple I didnt know to sweep the course.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger riderx said...

A sad day for sure but I was stoked to see you at the start of the race. 10 years for a frame is a good long run though, she servered you well. I know that doesn't help the bank account, but ya know, KHS makes a single speed that is a good deal.

7:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home