Tuesday, August 09, 2005


Today I put an oil finish,the can says natural, it's not a clear finish it has an amber hugh(?) to it, (but it doesn't change the color of the piece) on three chairs I've been working on this last month.
Two adult and one high chair,made of cherry.(See the logs I saw in the April edition of this blog.)
The Wood just pops when the oil goes on .I think it's real close to what it looks like when green and split,the character of these chairs really comes out.
Before I put finish on them I pinned the back slats, that I steam bent to fit last week.
I leveled them so they won't rock, and trimmed the ends of the posts.
Next I want to spray them with lacquer,not very green I know, but it keeps them from becoming dirty. Then weave the seats. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home